Remember Mary is a narrative-driven surrealist adventure game. It follows Mary, a young girl in a world filled with her friends who she can help or hurt. Presented in squigglevision. I made it in about 9 days for the “I can’t write but want to tell a story” jam.
- Mobile friendly
- Gamepad compatible
- Mouse only mode, no keyboard required!
- Three different endings depending on your choices
- Over 600 lines of unique dialogue, with the narrative changing depending on what actions you take and in what order you take those actions
- Requires 7+ playthroughs to encounter all possible dialogue
- Mark Mauer – music, sound design and testing
- Tommy van Son – suggested the game’s title and help with testing
- Benjamin Fearn – help with ideas and testing
If you want to read more about the design of the game, I’ve written a blog post on some of thought behind it.
Source code is available on Github.