Take control of (N)PCs, enemies and bosses and use them to solve puzzles in a retro platforming adventure!
Other Minds is a pixel art style game where you play as Ed and Sage. Ed is your human who you can use for your standard platforming action, whereas Sage can fly around freely and take control of any other character.
You will take advantage of the other character’s abilities to solve puzzles, beat levels and uncover the nefarious plot of Dr Death. Ed and Sage must save the world because everybody else is too busy standing around thinking about things.
- 4 hours+ of classic platforming action with puzzles, collectibles and tough bosses
- Use Sage, a floating green consciousness, to possess and take control of basically anything that moves
- Loads of secrets and collectibles which are used to unlock time trials and rhythm levels
- Available for Windows and Linux for $8.00
- 6 worlds to explore
- 4 hours+ gameplay
- Project first started on 5th May 2019
- Released 30th November 2020
- Mostly made by one person
Current Status/Future Plans
Other Minds is a complete experience, however it is not completed as originally intended.
The player is able to finish the game to 100% completion and view the ending, however they might notice that the story doesn’t really go anywhere and there are a few loose ends left in.
Development of Other Minds has now halted indefinitely.
- Programming, art and basically everything else by Edward Atkin (@EAtkin)
- Music by Richard Kerry (@RichardAKerry)
- Sound design and additional music by Mark Mauer (@JustWallGames)
- Cover art by GrafxKid
- Trailer by Michael Electric
- Testing and moral support by many, many people! Thank you!
- Other Minds on itch io
- Other Minds Twitter account
- Developers Twitter account
- Other Minds Discord Channel
- Github repository
- Richard Kerry’s music
- Mark Mauer’s music
- Edward Atkin’s music